At Home With Addie

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Addie is 4 weeks old today and will officially be 1 month old on Saturday, November 14th. It's hard to believe that 4 weeks have already gone by. I can only imagine how fast she will grow up. The first month has been a whirlwind of emotions - mostly happy ones. Being new parents is, to say the least, an adjustment, but we're feeling a little bit better with the first month under our belt.

I'm extremely grateful for all of the love and support shown to us, with the birth of Addie. I'm especially grateful to my family for making the effort to come for Addie's birth. Also, I couldn't have gotten through the first week home without the help of my Mom. Thank you, Mom.

We have had a lot of "firsts" the past weeks. Below are pictures of some of our favorite moments so far.

Coming Home from the Hospital





Thanks to my sister, Lindi, for the fun "welcome" signs.
First Bath



Grandma Tracy & Addie
First Doctor's Appointment

Addie's First Halloween





Bob once again carved an awesome pumpkin. This year's pumpkin highlighted Jack Skeleton from "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Addie dressed up a little bit. Her skeleton onesie glowed in the dark. ;)
We love our little Addie and are excited to get to know her better. We feel very blessed and are thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow through parenthood.

10 comments:

Bagleys said...

She is such a sweetheart!!! I can't wait to meet my little girl. It makes me super nervous! Congrats on getting through the first month! :)

Tracy said...

You're welcome!! We wouldn't have missed it!!! LOVE all the pictures, thanks!!! We're excited to get to see her again!!
LOVE ya!

Erica said...

Congrats! She is precious. There is nothing like that first month. I don't think anyone could fully prepare you for parenthood. But don't worry, it get's easier. :)

Jaime said...

Oh Dani! She has already grown so much! SHe is precious! I miss my little girls being that little. They grow up way too fast. Hold on to the memories. Being a parent definitely has its ups and downs. Hang in there! Can't wait to see little Addie!

Nick & Lindi said...

YAY!! More pics of Addie!! I love it! i can't believe she is almost a month. what a DOLL! I wouldn't have missed be there for anything... even if my teachers were jerks about it! ;)
Love you guys!

p.s. your blog is VERY cute!!

Jill Asay said...

Love all the pictures. I love her halloween sleeper! TOo cute! The first few months are the best...enjoy them while they last!!

Destiny said...

She is so precious! I can see both you and Bob in her. Yay for getting through the first month! You'll have to tell me all your secrets come February :) Hope to see you all soon!

Julie said...

Oh Dani! She's so beautiful! And she looks so much like you and Bob to me.. I can see so much of you two in her! I hope you guys are doing well! I love reading your updates and seeing pictures! Can't wait for the next one!

nina said...

She's so pretty, congratulations!

Richard & Katie said...

Yay! More Pictures! She is such a doll and I miss her.I wouldn't have missed being there for when she was born for the world. You guys are great parents and you will only get better. I can't wait to see both of you and Addie in a few weeks! Love ya!