5 Months

Monday, March 15, 2010

Our little Addie is 5 months old. It's unbelievable how fast she is growing, changing, and learning. Addie continues to be a jabber box and still happily screams, letting us know she has a voice. She has recently discovered her feet and loves to suck her toes any chance she has. The BIG news is that Addie rolled over from her tummy to her back about a week ago. She still hates being on her tummy though. Addie loves tub time and can really splash. At bedtime, we put her down and she just gives us a big smile, turns her head, sucks her thumb, and falls asleep. Usually Addie sleeps about 9 hours at night, but occasionally she has the need to feed at night. She is laughing more and more all the time which is just awesome! It also seems like the spit up is decreasing - she still has some bad spitty days. The drool however is on the rise. Addie really is a happy baby, and I'm extremely grateful for that. She is still exclusively nursing, and I'm looking forward to her starting solid foods in about a month - the break from nursing will be nice. We have enjoyed the glimpse of spring weather with some walks and can't wait for summertime. We love our baby girl and are so happy she has joined our family.










7 comments:

Lauren said...

Seriously she is so cute! It is amazing that she's already 5 months!

Nick & Lindi said...

Addie is getting so big SO fast!! Sounds like shes still one of the best babies I know! I love all her cute faces and smiles. my heart just melted when you told us how she goes right to sleep at night... too sweet!! miss and love you all!!

Tracy said...

She's a keeper!!

Love ya all!!!!

nina said...

Well hopefully she is NOT like my girls, once I started adding solids they did not cut back on their nursing at all, but instead I was still nursing every two hours and giving baby food 3 times a day as well :)
Don't worry, she already doesn't sound like my girls since yours sleeps 9 hours a night, wow! Lucky ;)

Richard & Katie said...

She is getting bigger and cutier every day! I saw that she finaly got her foot in her mouth. She was working on that when you guys were here. All the pictures are so cute and I always look forward to your monthly blogs about Addie!

Geraldine said...

She is such a beautiful baby. I am sure you are loving every minute of being a mom. I personally can say it is the best and most rewarding experience I have every had in my life. Enjoy!

Jamie said...

I thought I would check out your blog as I have fell in love with your mom's blog, Bassett's Bull. You all are a lucky, beautiful family. As a mom of two young ones (not babies anymore though, your Addie is just ADORABLE!), they love receiving goodies in the mail from friends and family. Those hair bands are beautiful! Are those available to purchase?? Enjoy your family and baby girl! Take Care, Jamie =)