1st Black Eye

Sunday, October 3, 2010

About two weeks ago, Addie earned her first black eye. She is just sooooo busy. I've quickly learned that I can't take my eyes off her, seriously. Well, I put a box of tissues on a folding tray which was too tempting for Addie. I walked around the corner into the kitchen and within seconds, Addie attempted to climb the tray to get her little hands on the tissues. The next thing I heard was a big CRASH and a screaming baby. I know it's real when there are tears. I was both sad and surprised to see the black eye the next morning. We got a few comments in the grocery store, too. Oh, what fun!

4 comments:

Bagleys said...

Awww how sad!!! The little boy I babysit has bruises alllll the time on his face. It's crazy how many times he's crashed! Addie is so cute! A little miniature Bob! Hope the black eye feels better soon!

Tracy said...

I see she's still smiling!! It didn't seem to faze her much! ;-)

Oh the fun of people's judgments!!!...get used to it, it's part of being a parent!

Nick & Lindi said...

awww poor lil baby! ;) It had to happen sometime right? Like mom said, she's still smiling! :)
I don't even recognize that baby... can't believe how big she is and that I get to see her FRIDAY!!!! :) SO excited!! Love you

Richard & Katie said...

Oh very nice! I'm with Lindi she is always looking different! I'm exctied to see her soon too!