Crafty Bob

Sunday, February 8, 2009

This past Friday, February 6th, Bob accomplished one of his lifetime goals. Bob completed his own jean quilt! Bob has wanted a jean quilt for years. He started saving his old jeans about three years ago, making slow progress toward his quilt. Since graduation, Bob has had more free time and making a jean quilt became a priority. Bob did all the work - cut out all 200 patches, sewed the patches together, ironed the seams, picked out the flannel, sewed the flannel, tied the quilt (with much appreciated help from Mike), and did the binding. I only helped with a few things along the way. We want to thank Uncle Mike and Aunt Juli for letting us use their sewing machine and helping tie the quilt. Good work, Bob. Your quilt is awesome! I'm proud of you - your determination and creativeness!

Time to Tie

Go Bob!

The Final Result

Another Look

Bob Enjoying his Hard Work
Bob's quilt is about 7x7 feet and super warm. I'm impressed. Aren't you!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

AMAZING!! GREAT Job BOB!! Now, you'll be in demand!! :-)

Nick & Lindi said...

OOOO!! That's very nice! :) Looks awesome! :) Good work Bob!! :)

Greg Becky said...

That is awesome! You might be a lucky lady if now you can get him to mend his own clothes, right? We are getting anxious for this wedding! It is going to be fun!

Bagleys said...

Oh man, I love love jean quilts!!! That quilt looks so warm! Great work, Bob!!! I want one! :)

Donna Bassett said...

Awesome...WE ARE Proud of you say we are proud of you...

Jessie said...

Wow, great job Bob! I am very impressed.

Jill Asay said...

I am totally impressed...way to go Bob! I had no idea that you had that talent!