On the Countdown

Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm quickly coming to the end of my pregnancy. Only 17 days left! I have a scheduled c-section planned for Wednesday, October 14, 2009. I will be 38 1/2 weeks. Since I have to have a c-section, I really hope that our baby girl cooperates and doesn't try and come early. I've only had one scare. About two weeks ago, I had some cramping and went to the doctor's office. I've started to dialate and thin - only 1 cm. Luckily, I haven't had any serious cramping since. I'm very thankful that things have gone so well. I've had a great pregnancy, but I'm glad that the end is in sight. It feels like I've been pregnant for awhile now. Plus, I have the regular late pregnancy complaints - backache, heart burn, lots of bathroom trips, can't sleep. Now it's funny to think about how badly I wanted to look pregnant about four months ago ;). We're excited to meet our little girl. But I'll admit, we're also a little scared for the changes and new responsibilities. We're so grateful to our family and friends and their love, support, and excitement for our soon arriving bundle of joy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: My Pregnancy
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



P.S. - I do own other maternity dresses. It just worked out that for all the random pictures we've taken I've worn the same dress. I guess it provides a good comparison at least ;).

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Dani,
You remind me of how I looked when I was preggers with Brayden....... although much smaller I'm sure! It is funny how you want to look pregnant and wear maternity clothes, then you cannot wait to get out of them!! Anyway, I had Tay at 37 weeks by emergency c-section and Brayden at 38 weeks also my c-section. My only advice is do NOT overdue it! You need to move around and do things in order to heal well, but don't push yourself! I hope all goes well and I can't wait to see Addie! (cute name, by the way!)

Jessie said...

I am excited to meet Addie! I hope that I get to meet her before she is 1. I feel like we do not get to see enough of each other. Well I also had two c-sections and they really are not to bad. You just need to take it easy when you come home. You sure are looking great. I know that it is hard at the end when you are so uncomfortable, but that little one is worth it all.I will be sending some things down for you soon. Hang in their.

Destiny said...

Wow, 17 days! Hopefully baby Addie decides to wait that long! Cute pictures, you look great. I need your address so we can send your baby gift! Good luck with everything and I hope we can meet up sometime!

Nick & Lindi said...

I love the pics of the progression. That dress is SO cute and you look GREAT!! You are getting to big so I'm sure you're dying to get her out and in your arms! :) I can't wait to see you guys and the baby! Love you

Kathryn said...

All the best Dani and Bob for the upcoming weeks. You will do great, all this anticipation will pay off I am sure!! I can't wait to see some pics up here of your new little lady. How exciting! Here's to a lovely spinal, great c-section and an even better recovery with happy and healthy momma and bubba!!

Emily Asay said...

wow, i can't believe you're almost there already!! isn't it so crazy exciting?????? it will be so wonderful to see your new baby, but overwhelming and stressful/emotional at the same time. don't be afraid to ask for help!! you are going to be great parents (ps u look ADORABLE! :)

Richard & Katie said...

Dang it's amazing how much bigger you have gotten since we help move you guys into your house. You are such a cute little pregnant lady. We all know Lindi will be the same way and I'll get to be the one who just gets fat everywhere! Haha, I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see little Addie and spend time with my sisters! We are parying that she will stay in there for ya until the 14th. Love you!

Teri said...

Looks like we are both looking forward to the 14th...that is the day Justin gets home. It will be an exciting day for a lot of people. ;)
I hope things go well for you...can't wait to see your little girl!

*Kelly Dawn* said...

I am so excited for you! I love getting on to see how your doing. I have kept you in my prayers since I found out you were pregnant. And I will continue. They are so precious. And I know you'll be away from family, but take any help you can get. I didn't have c-sections, but I know how much sleep you need to catch back up. Love you.