Monday, July 7, 2008
Currently, Bob and I are living in Logan. We have been in Logan for nearly a year now already. We came to Logan because Bob got accepted into the Masters of Second Language Teaching program at Utah State University. He is emphasing in English as a Second Language (ESL) and plans to graduate this December. He has really enjoyed his program and has done very well. This past Spring semester, Bob worked as a Graduate Assistant for a Senior level undergraduate class and was responsible for faciliating the cooresponding lab sections. In addition, he will be teaching Spanish 101 this Fall semester. These have been really good learning experiences and opportunities for Bob. He hopes to get a high school Spanish teaching job in Fall 2009 in Wyoming preferably. More than anything he will be extremely happy to be done with school. In any case, I believe that things will work out for the best. To learn more about Bob's degree go to http://lpsc.usu.edu/Default.asp?id=21

I have been working full time at my first "real" job since October 2007. I am the Program Development Associate at the George S. Eccles Ice Center which is a community, non-profit ice arena. Basically, my responsibilities focus on fundraising efforts and more specifically on grantwriting. I submit proposals to foundations, corporate foundations/charitable divisions, and government agencies. I have learned a great deal and have really enjoyed my experiences. I am lucky enough to work with great people that I get along with easily. I am grateful for this opportunity to work and use the skills and knowledge that I gained during college. To learn more about the Eccles Ice Center go to http://www.ecclesice.com/


2 comments:
I can't believe that Bob will already by done in December...how exciting. I was actually in Logan this weekend. My sister is actually goin to be going to school there so we went to find her some housing! I had never been there before...it's so pretty!
Bob, I think that you should at least drag school out another semester. If you're going to move away, you should try to enjoy Logan while you're here! Either that or find a job here.
Post a Comment