Pioneer Day Celebration

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Now that I live in Utah, Pioneer Day takes on a whole new meaning. As you all know, Pioneer Day on the 24th of July marks the establishment of the state of Utah. I even got the day off work - that's how special Pioneer Day really is! In order to make the most of my holiday from work, I went along on a hike with Grandma and Grandpa Murri, Aunt Juli, cousins Will and Olivia, and Juli's friend.

Aunt Julie and her kids, Will and Olivia


We hiked on Saw Mill Creek trail. It was actually the perfect pioneer activity, as the Saw Mill Creek trail marks the place where the founders and builders of Logan and the surrounding communities logded and processed timber for the developing area. It was nice to spend some quality time outdoors.

Me, Will & Olivia
In addition to my hiking exploration, Bob and I also went to a Bartlett Family dinner at Mac Park in Smithfield on Friday night. It's always a good time with the Bartlett's. The Bartlett Family is Bob's mom's side of the family. Grandpa and Grandma Bartlett had six daughters and one son. They now have 36 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren. Bob is one of the older grandchildren in the family. Therefore, he has a lot of younger cousins. Bob's creative aunts had lots of fun games and activities for the kids. Bob and I started a game of volleyball which was fun.
Cousin McKenzie



Cousin Erin
Happy Pioneer Day!






4 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Looks like you had fun. That's cool that you have a camera now. Now you have to post about everything. :) hope all is well. Love and miss ya?
p.s. Have you thought more about the FB game?

Juli Weber said...

Hey girl!
Congrats on the camera. And just so everyone knows- Danni is the real trooper on the hike- she had to deal with 4 kids! You did great.

Tracy said...

Your blog is looking good!! Am looking forward to more posts!! :-)

Love Ya!

Nick & Lindi said...

Cute blog. I'm loving it more every day. Are you blogging about your "reading" weekend? I think you should. LOVE YOU