Monday, October 20, 2008
This past Friday Bob had a break from school, and he wasn't scheduled to work. That hardly ever happens, so we decided to make a day of it. I seriously debated taking the day off from work. For those of you who know me at all, you know that I'm NOT a risk taker. I even have to carefully consider taking a day off, weighing the risks and benefits. Well, I took the "risk", and we had a great day together.
Our day started by sleeping in and taking it easy. By noon, we were at Newton Dam at the shooting range. I have to admit that I really do like my gun that Bob surprised me with for our anniversary. It was a beautiful fall day. Feeling hungry, we went to lunch at Pizza Plus in Smithfield. They have amazing cheese bread sticks - Yum-O! After lunch, we checked out the Smithfield Implement, a local country store open since 1911. I am a big believer in dessert or something sweet after a meal. With this in mind, Bob and I went to Old Grist Meal, a local bakery. Bob enjoyed a peach scone and a raspberry cream cheese roll, and I had a scrumptious peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. To continue our fun, we went to see Eagle Eye. We thought the movie was good. I would rate it at about an 8. To end our eventful day, we went to dinner at Cafe Sabor, my favorite Mexican restaurant.
You have to understand that Bob and I are, for the most part, boring. We are perfectly happy staying in, cuddled up on the couch. So this was a big day for us ;)! I'm glad that we both took a day and made it special, different from other days. I'm learning that life is life - we have to make it great. It's the little things that count and help break up the norm. We definitely had a fun day!







3 comments:
Wow, what a day! It looks like you guys had lots of fun spending time together. I'd have to agree with you-most of the time we're content with relaxing at home together but it's fun to get out sometimes, too. Glad you had fun!
Sounds FUN!! That's what life is about. Enjoy the journey!!
Love
Mom
I LOVE the pics of both of you and your guns... classic!! ;) Glad you had a good day OFF work! ;) love ya
Post a Comment