Tuesday, October 14, 2008
On Thursday, October 16th, I will have worked at the George S. Eccles Ice Center as the Program Development Specialist for one year. It's amazing how fast it has gone by. I feel very fortunate to have my job, especially as my first "real" job. I work with wonderful people and have a great deal of flexibility in my schedule. It's true I'm not making it rich, but we're making our way as Bob finishes his degree. I have learned a lot about grant writing, program implementation, and nonprofits. In addition and maybe more importantly, I have learned a lot about myself including my potential and abilities. I am grateful for the opportunity to work and directly apply my education. I have been able to grow and develop as an individual, and I know that this experience will help me in my future life experiences.
The Eccles Ice Center
Check Presentation
Ticket Table at Spice on Ice - Annual Fundraising Dinner
School Outreach Program
I work to help fund the School Outreach Program and other skating programs like it that allow children to participate at affordable rates. It feels good to have one year down.



3 comments:
One year down, did they go quick or what? I am so glad you are enjoying your job and I bet they all love you there, you are loads of fun and easy to get along with, we sure miss you guys here in Laramie!
Congrats!! Sometimes real life is worth it after all!! :-)
Love You!
CONGRATS!! I still couldn't believe that it had been that long when you told me yesterday!! I'm glad you've learned so much! Love you
Post a Comment