Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Some of you may not know that Bob was actually born and spent part of his childhood in Logan. Both of his parents, Duane and LuAnn, grew up in Logan. So as you can imagine, Bob has a lot of family in Logan including both sets of grandparents, four aunts and uncles from his mom's side of the family, one aunt and uncle from his dad's side of the family, and many cousins. We have truly enjoyed living near family, especially after living in Laramie where both of our families were at least a seven hour drive away. It has been nice in particular for me as I've been able to get to know Bob's family better, and I think they're GREAT!
One of the many fun things that we've been able to do with Bob's family are what we endearingly call "Cousin Dinners". Bob's Uncle Todd and Aunt LaNae host a dinner on the fourth Sunday of each month for all of their young adult nieces and nephews. There are usually about 20 people at the dinners. It's a great opportunity for all of us to spend time with each other and get to know each other better. I really do appreciate Todd and LaNae for their kindness and efforts in getting the cousins together. What a fun Aunt and Uncle!





3 comments:
Nice to see faces to match the names. Your blog is looking way cute!! Love You!
I always thought this was so fun for all of you. What a great way to keep in touch with one another. Looks like you've had fun with it!! :) I love having some family around too. Makes things a lot funner!!
That looks like it would be a lot of fun, and I'm sure it's nice to have family close. I sometimes wish we lived closer to home so that we could go to our parents for Sunday dinner :) Steven graduates May 2010, but this is his last year of actual classes. He'll be out on rotations next year.
Post a Comment