4 Months

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Addie had her 4 month check up yesterday. She'll officially be 4 months old on Sunday the 14th. Her check up went well. Addie weighs 14 lbs 2 oz and is 24 1/4 inches long. The doctor told me that Addie is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height. I was very surprised and almost didn't believe the doctor, mostly because Addie was so small when she was born plus it seems like she spits up about everything she eats. I double checked Addie's weight and height comparisons when I got home. To be more exact, Addie is in the 66th percentile for weight and the 54th percentile for height. To chart your child's growth check out http://infantchart.com/index.php
So, Addie is kinda chunky! We have to take Addie back next week to get her immunizations. Enough time hadn't passed yet for her to get the immunizations yesterday.

At 4 months, Addie is a "talker". She squeaks, squeals, and happily screams all day. Addie is a thumb sucker and is starting to prefer her thumb over her binki sometimes. She still loves her swing, but is getting tired of her play mat. Addie likes to be up and able to see what's going on around her. Any suggestions for the next toy such as a bouncer, walker, activity center? Addie isn't very close to rolling over. She hates to be on her tummy. Also, she still hasn't broken out in a full giggle yet. Addie is a happy baby. It's so great to watch her grow, change, and learn.

6 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Wow... she is getting so big!! Yesterday I called mom, and she said she had just gotten off the phone with Addie, who was talking talking to her. :) Thats SO cute!! Glad she's doing well and getting so big!! We love and miss you all. Thanks for the update!

nicc and aimee said...

Good to see her growing! She is such a doll! Do you have a Bumbo seat? That is Kyson's favorite because he can sit up and now we have a tray that snaps on it so I can set toys on it for him to play with. Hope you guys are doing good!

nina said...

I started Hailey in her activity center at 4 months and it is her favorite place to be, she's now 6 months and still hasn't got tired of it. I would recommend one of those.

Richard & Katie said...

Yes she is getting big! I excited to see how much she has grown next time I see her.

*Kelly Dawn* said...

Bumbo has been a life saver for us. Peyton is 10 months and about to grow out of hers, but you put the tray on and it's just as good as any high chair. And activity centers help them grow their leg muscles. She is so adorable, and getting so big. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Jaime said...

What a cutie! She's growing fast! Addie seems like she is such a pleasant baby! I'm glad you are all doing good. Can't wait to see you again.:)