Monday, February 1, 2010
Bob and I have been parents for about 3 1/2 months. All new parents' situations are unique; however, I think that becoming a first time parent is a big transition for just about everyone. Our situation surrounding our first time as parents includes: living in a new town which is six plus hours away from any family, owning our first house, Bob's first teaching job, and having a baby after six years of just the two of us. To say the least, the last six months have been kind of crazy (good crazy) for our little family. We have experienced a wide range of emotions and have been overwhelmed at times.
Being a first time Mom has definitely been an adjustment for me, and I'm sure it will continue to be a transition the rest of my life. I'll be honest, it's been harder than I thought it would be living in a new place with a new born baby. My world has shrunk, as I have only met people from the area through church. In combination with some cabin fever because it's the middle of winter with the holiday season over, I feel like I'm going crazy some days. I'm not complaining - just stating the facts. I'm extremely grateful to be Addie's Mom. Addie is the joy of our lives. I truly love her more and more each day, and I have already gained new perspectives and insights I would have never been able to understand without becoming a parent. Life truly is what we make it. I want to be a good Mom. I know Bob and I will work through the hard days and there will be more good days than bad. Time will be good for Bob and me, as we get to know more people and the area we live in. Plus, I'm hoping it will get easier to take Addie out and about as she gets older.
Thanks to Bob for being a great husband and dad. He works hard, so I can stay home and take care of our baby. Plus, he comes home and more than pulls his own weight. I'm thankful that I get to be the one who cares for our child every day. It really is the small, every day things that make the big difference in the outcomes of our lives. I hope to make a positive difference in the life of my family even in spite of occasional feelings of insignificance and sluggishness. Again, we're so happy Addie was sent to us.

9 comments:
Addie is a DOLL! I definitely know about it being super weird and hard to be away from family. We're just barely getting more friends through church, but it's great! I am afraid of having cabin fever or feeling completely closed off from the world when I have our baby. I have a few friends here who are also pregnant, but they're due around the same time I am, so we'll all be crazy busy. You look SOOO good by the way! You're so cute and you have a gorgeous family! :) Sorry for the book. lol
OMG!! Addie is really beginning to feel out!! YES!! She HAS RED hair!!! :-) Whodathunkit?!!!!
I hate to tell you this, but you'll have days for the rest of your maternal life, of feeling insignificant!! Try to remember, you're doing the most important job on earth!!! ALSO...you're never insignificant because you are a child of GOD and you know what that means!!! :-)
LOVE the pictures!! You all look pretty happy!!!
o i LOVE the pics... you guys are both SO cute with her. you look amazing and sweet baby addie is getting BIG!! :) I love it!!
I know all the changes have been a lot to deal with, but I know you guys can handle it too... you guys are hard workers and someday it will ALL pay off. Thanks for sharing... again, love the pics!!
love you all
LOVE the pictures of you guys and Addie! She has such a cute smile! I totally feel for you! You guys are great and the people there are lucky to have you! You guys should have moved here...we could have trudged through the winter together!!:)
I loved this post because it made me reminisce. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Alayna was born in St. George...10 hours away from my family and 6 from Dan's. All the people I knew were from church as well. And Alayna was not an easy baby. In fact, my mom told me not too long ago, that she didn't want to say anything at the time, but Alayna was what she would call a hard baby. :) But we got through it and I look back and you are right, there is nothing better than spending time with your baby and watching them grow. It is the best! I love reading your blog. :)
Addie is getting big and she is so adorable! I have been thinking a lot about her lately. Everything I look at pictures I just want to hold her and hug her! Your guys pictures with her are way cute! I know you are a great mom and bob is a great dad! Addie is lucky to have you as you are lucky to have her! Love ya!
Dani, she is growing up too fast already! She is adorable! I love those big smiles! You and Bob are wonderful parents! It's such a big adjustment being new parents. She is very lucky that she was chosen to be your child. Love and miss you.
now that she is getting a little chubby she is looking more and more Bassett!!! She is so cute!!
Love ya and next time your up lets plan something with our families I was sad not to get together for Christmas
She is getting so big! I can harley believe the difference from that last pictures you posted! Thank you for sharing and hang in there. The good days make the days of feeling that way almost forgetable.
Post a Comment