Valentine's 2010

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We had a fantastic Valentine's! On Friday the 12th, Addie and I surprised Bob when he got home from work with a card, new shoes (arriving in the mail tomorrow hopefully), and hot peach cobbler which is one of Bob's favorite treats. It was fun showing Bob how much we love and appreciate him. I think that Valentine's is great, because it gives everyone an obvious opportunity to express love and gratitude.

Gift - Shoes Arriving by Mail Soon

Hot Peach Cobbler

Bob surprised me Saturday the 13th with a giant, beautiful bouquet of flowers - lilies (my favorite) and roses. Plus, Bob made dinner reservations at the Bucking Horse, a local steak house. I ate a delicious sirloin and mashed potatoes. We took Addie along with us to dinner and she did just fine. We had a wonderful Saturday being together.



We had lots of love showered on us for Valentine's. Grandma and Grandpa Bassett sent Addie (and Bob and I) a Valentine's package full of goodies. It's so fun getting mail. Grandma and Grandpa sent Addie some new outfits as she is now into 3-6 month clothes. THANK YOU!


All the Loot


Addie's New Dress
(Addie has Tired Eyes)




Another New Outfit



Grandma and Grandpa Weber and Aunt Kristin and Aunt Brianna also sent Addie a "sweet" Valentine's package and a card. THANK YOU!



I even managed to get some Valentine's in the mail. I made cards for our family members. It was nice to stretch the creative muscle. Plus, I like to take every opportunity to let our families know how much we truly love and appreciate them.


HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Addie makes a pretty cute little Valentine!! :-)

Love & miss ya!

Richard & Katie said...

I agree with mom Addie has to make the cutiest little valentine ever! She looks adorable in her new outfits. Your cards are really cute too! Love ya!

nina said...

You should post your peach cobbler recipe, that looks so yummy!

Nick & Lindi said...

WOW... what a great Valentines Day!! Thats great that Addie did so well when you took her to dinner too. I'm glad you got so many cute and fun things. Addie Looks adorable in her new outfits! :) CUTE cards and again, thanks for ours!!

Destiny said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day! And looks like Little Miss Addie got spoiled :) She is adorable and has such a cute smile! Your cards look great. Maybe someday I'll be creative like all you Bassett girls. HA! A girl can dream :)