Sunday, August 8, 2010
During July 17th - 24th we were in Eurharlee, Georgia, visiting Bob's family. We had a great time, and Addie had fun meeting Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Brianna for the first time. Our adventure began with driving to the Denver airport. Addie did well on the plane ride. She got somewhat restless, as the travel time was 3 hours. Once in Georgia, there were some immediate differences - number 1 being the humidity. Wowee! It was so heavy and sticky. It felt like drinking water with each breath. Other big differences were the trees, the amount and variety of people, the food, and the accents. The Weber's kept us busy with all kinds of fun activities. We visited a civil war museum in Kennesaw which focused on locomotives, particularly the Great Locomotive Chase. Interestingly enough, Bob's Great-Great-Great Grandfather was a member of the Union raid party and was one of the first people in the United States to receive the Medal of Honor. We went to a minor league Braves game in Rome. We also went to Stone Mountain which is really just a big rock, but a neat big rock. We hiked up Stone Mountain and rode the cable car down. We also enjoyed the laser show displayed on the side of the rock. The laser show was unique - we had never seen anything like it before. Additionally, we swam in Weber's pool (Addie loved it!), ate some Southern specialties, and just chilled. We really had a fantastic time. Thanks, Weber's for letting us come! We love you!

4 comments:
Holy Cow, Brianna is all grown up!!
Looks like fun. I'm pretty sure I would have been doing what Addie was doing at the baseball game!! ;-)
LOVE all the pics!! Looks and sound like a fun time. I bet Addie loved meeting that side of the family... hopefully she will be able to see them more often?
His sisters are all grown up and so cute and big!! :)
Thanks for sharing... I also love the 'fun' addie had at the game! ;)
What a fun trip!! I loved the picture of Bob in the train...made me laugh out loud!!
Looks fun! I'm glade Addie got to me the Weber family! All the pictures were fun.
Post a Comment